Having a lot of experience within the wedding industry as not only a professional photographer but also a supplier of services to other wedding suppliers, I can only sympathise with the current situation.
Many wedding suppliers are sole traders & small business owners and at present will be feeling the full effects of this lock down.
With no weddings taking place and the uncertainty of timings and activity it is a very uncertain time with couples delaying and even cancelling their weddings, creating a situation where no service payments or deposits are being made.
As a graphic design and print company with many wedding supplier clients I get to hear first-hand of the pain some are going through.
The light at the end of the tunnel in this situation will however reveal a scramble for couples to rebook dates and get their weddings back on track which will in turn will make for a busier 2021.
With that in mind and everyone in the same situation why not take the time to give your company an image health check.
The next major booking time for couples will start again in September for weddings in 2021, 2022 & 2023, so why not look to see how you can better reach potential couples and how you can land that sale.
No were not saying \”turn on those spending taps\”. Far from it, what we are saying is be prepared:
- If you have a wedding fair coming up why not take a look at your stand and make sure your prepared, If you would like a new stand why not get an idea on costs and design now while you have the time.
- Do you hand out leaflets? where are your leaflets located? why not build up a list of hotels in your area in to an excel spread sheet. That way when the time is right you can contact them and see if you can get some of your leaflets in to the hotel.
- Does your website look good on all devices?
- Does your website conform to the latest security rules?
- Do you need new samples? why not design/get any new samples now, we know some sample companies are offering great deals and they will be an added bonus when couples start looking for suppliers again.
- Is there anything new that your company can offer that will make you stand out?
- And last but not least… Keep in touch. Stay active on social media, post info on old weddings, places you have been and places you would love to go back to.
We know it’s hard at the moment and with kids around people are struggling for time but why not use the time you do have to make sure you can hit the ground running.
If you do need any advice or help, then we would love to hear from you. We offer a 30 min free consultation & report. We can help with SEO, Marketing, Literature & Websites.
Any work completed afterwards can be billed monthly to help.